Tuesday, April 1, 2008

you say tomato, i say cheesecake

There's just nothing like a good muffin to snap you out of a funk. This morning I made up another batch of the carrot spice muffins from blog.fatfreevegan.com and they just turned that frown upside down. I didn't have any soy yogurt on hand so I mixed up some vanilla rice milk and vegan cream cheese, and the muffins came out super moist and springy. I think most of the credit is due to my new apron I got back in Atlanta. I feel like a pretty domestic princess when I wear it.

The vegan lasagna from a couple nights ago (also from fatfreevegan) came out pretty well. The filling was a tofu spinach mixture with some nutritional yeast added in for 'cheesiness'. I think I just need to add some spices to make the flavors pop a bit more, but it definitely served the purpose of making me feel like I ate a real meal (as opposed to a bunch of side dishes put together on one plate).

I think I have vegan chocolate chip cookies on my baking horizon. Earlier today Fastmiso was telling me about the computer app he is designing which involved 'a top layer of cocoa', so now all I've been thinking about today is chocolate. My misinterpretation pretty much sums up our entire relationship: he talks about programming and I hear dessert. I think it's a win-win situation.

No comments: