Wednesday, April 9, 2008

les sans seriousness

Last night me and 'miso went up to the city to see our favorite faux-French pop band, Les Sans Culottes. The show was tres magnifique. I've tacked on below a youtube clip of the band covering My Sharona in French, which they also performed last night along with a French version of 'These Boots Were Made for Walking'. Sadly, the clip doesn't quite capture the absolute insanity of their stage performance with everyone wearing a bizarre mix of French mod and 70s psychedelic fashion and refusing to break faux-French character. And I think the bassist might have had an orgasm on stage. Maybe.




On the vegan front, we hit up a taqueria next to Cafe du Nord which had tofu tacos. They tasted way better than they sound -- it was tofu mixed up with salsa and some veggies so it basically tasted like a chicken taco. Not that I really know what chicken tastes like any more. The coffee place we went to afterwards had vegan cookies and I felt obligated to buy one. At some point I will need to realize that just because a vegan food exists, I do not need to buy it and eat it. But for now I will slowly consume my way to becoming the first fat vegan.

No comments: