Sunday, April 27, 2008

what a perfect day

I've been in a pretty lousy mood for the past couple weeks, and I think a lot of it had to do with the standard problems that come with being grad student. Since I'm technically never 'at work', I'm also technically never 'off work'. It can get a little exhausting, and I made the mistake for the past couple weeks (or month. whatever) of not taking dedicated days off, and instead I would take off mornings or evenings. When I spent Friday in the library watching 30 Rock and making a pro/con list of going on the job market, I realized things.must.change.

So yesterday me and the 'miso (I call dibs now on that as an indie rock band name) took a proper day off. We slept in, we got bagels (vegan cream cheese!), and we listened to a full NPR morning. In the afternoon we ran some errands, and while at Fry's we intentionally checked out the Wii aisle to show the rest of the world that WE OWN A Wii. Take that, thirteen-year-old Asian kid looking at the DS games. Then we played some tennis and fastmiso ended the day by making some vegan pizza (a-mazing. he used a red pepper/artichoke spread from TJs with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. there was also supposed to be caramelized onions, but guess who was in charge of messing that one up...), which we ate while watching Across the Universe.

I feel like a new woman. Not that I've managed to get back around to working today. Right after my morning cardio class (yes, I go to a cardio class. and i love it. i can do the grape vine AND the double grape vine. so there) we went to Best Buy to buy Mario Kart. And then proceeded to sit on our couch and almost break up about five times. Learning to be a good loser is still on my to-do list (at the very bottom).

No comments: