Saturday, April 5, 2008

wake up, maggie

In my adventures in cooking I have been trying to eat food that I once deemed 'ick' a long time ago to see if I actually dislike them. Last night, for I think the first time ever, I had mint chocolate chip ice cream. Sweet jesus.

Fastmiso and I went to our favorite faux-Chinese restaurant and absolutely stuffed our faces. Veggie rolls, tofu corn chowder, sweet and sour pork, beef and broccoli, and then, the coup de grace, vegan mint chocolate ice cream. The ice cream was from a company called Maggie Mudd (maggiemudd.com) up in San Francisco, which apparently makes vegan ice cream cakes that you can order online. I have never wanted so desperately for my birthday to come sooner. I might have to have a half birthday. Seriously, it was hands down the best vegan ice cream I have ever had (which wouldn't have been saying much about five years ago, but the soy ice creams have come quite a long way).

After dinner we went and saw the Bank Job (quite good) and a full-on catfight broke out behind us in the middle of the movie. One woman hushed another and it was GAME OVER. At one point I heard 'If you touch me again, I swear to God I will call the cops.' Fastmiso was bold enough to hush them, but the the husband and boyfriend of the women behind us were stone silent. I guess they were just mortified, but if some crazy woman threatened to call the cops on my wife, I think I would jump in with some diplomacy.

No comments: