Saturday, March 8, 2008

trying so hard to be inconvenienced

The tomato cream sauce was quite the success last night. I was going to post pictures but all I got shots of were empty plates. The recipe introduced me to tofutti cream cheese, which has now replaced nayonaise as my new vegan happy food. I'm just amazed at how the vegan thing has actually put flavors back into my diet. You can check out the exact recipe here:

http://veganyumyum.com/2007/08/cappellini-in-fresh-tomato-cream-sauce/

Today I went down to the outlets to get some beach wear for the impending puerto rico trip and I was all set for a tough day of animal-free consumerism. Once again, I have nothing to blog out. The thesis statement of this blog could be: 'going vegan in the bay area is really boring'. All the clothes I ended up liking and buying were cotton or polyester. I even found out that Rainbow now has a hemp version of the sandals I need to replace.

I just want to briefly add as an aside how much I hate even typing the word hemp. I think it should be next on the list of environmental stuff from the 90s that needs to become cooler for the 2.0 crowd. Let's get hemp out of the hands of dowdy middle-aged women in tevas! (actually, some cool stuff has been done with hemp but it's all out of my price range: http://store.hempest.com/catalog/product_info.php?pid=745. Also out my price range, Natalie Portman's new line of veg shoes. 150 bucks for ballet flats? Seriously, Natalie?)

Maybe things will get more interesting come winter...

No comments: