Sunday, March 2, 2008

triumph of the chard

For reasons I cannot quite explain, I made the most fantastic dinner tonight. It was the result of my new favorite cooking tool: google. I simply type into google all the food in my fridge that is about to go bad, add recipe and vegan, and wait for the magic.

Tonight I typed in 'leeks, cannelini beans, swiss chard' and, presto, I got this link: http://bodytales.blogspot.com/2006/03/recipe-time-cannellini-beans-with.html. I modified pretty much all the ingredient amounts since it was just for me and I only had about 1/4 of a can of beans left (and no 'bean juice'. ew, right?). Somehow the whole thing just came out beautifully. I pass it along in case you, too, have some wilty chard and leeks stinking up your fridge. Just a note - those are croutons on top and not some kind of crazy fake meat. Have no fear!

I would recommend NOT reading the actual blog entries from 'bodytales'. The creator, who up until a couple hours ago was the genius vegan chef behind this meal, is apparently an initiated Dianic priestess. So much for trying to pull veganism out of the land of the weirdos. Sigh.


No comments: