Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the system is down, the system is down

I was supposed to teach last night but at 5:00 they took the server offline and the online high school tech support (=a dude named Todd) couldn't get the whole thing back online in time for my class. So I cancelled class. Because a server was down.

With my new early evening free time I decided to hit up the local Whole Paycheck to get some ingredients for 'muscle muffins'. I bought blackstrap molasses and soy protein. When I came back to the parking lot an old diesel mercedes run on vegetable oil (or so the sticker claimed) was parked next to my mercedes.

In other words, I left my job teaching privileged students in a virtual high school because the server at Stanford was having 'issues' to go make vegan muffins. I am so Bay Area, it's not even funny.

(and I was going to post pics of the muffins but they look just like last ones. unfortunately, they don't taste as good. but the name should have been a dead giveaway about that one)

No comments: