Monday, March 3, 2008

so so soygurt

For those of you who have been banging your heads against the wall saying, 'why, why is there not a soy yogurt that doesn't taste like sludge and has less than 20 g of sugar?' I have the answer for you: wildwood plain soy yogurt. Believe me, when I first switched over to soy yogurt I almost immediately gave up this whole vegan endeavor. I love yogurt. LOVE. Nothing makes me happier than an excellent plain yogurt with some honey, blueberries, and some kind of cereal. So that first day as I scraped some grey goo onto my Kashi I shuddered and did my best to eat without tasting.

And then I realized that not only am I putting grey goo into my body, but the majority of that grey goo is sugar. So I went on a hunt for a decent tasting soy yogurt with low sugar content, and I came upon a recommendation for Wildwood. I think it's California local so you east coast kids might not get it. It actually looks like yogurt (as in white and not grey) and it only has 4 g of sugar. When I put it on my grape nuts this morning with some blueberries and agave nectar (more on that later) it was just like my favorite breakfast always was.

And, yes, these are my new daily missions and accomplishments.

No comments: