Thursday, March 6, 2008

muffin


Last night I made up a batch of carrot-spice muffins. They came out incredibly well, if I do say so myself. The recipe was delightfully easy and actually pretty healthy - only a 1/4 cup of sugar. Apparently applesauce is the magic vegan ingredient I was unaware of. I also used soy yogurt and some agave nectar. They came out moist AND I got to use my food processor to transform my carrot chunks into miniscule orange shreds. Seriously, what more could you ask of a muffin?

And can I just add, briefly, how much I like the word muffin? Muffin. I don't know, it just makes me feel warm and fuzzy and loved. muffin.

Tonight I tried to duplicate my magical dinner from the weekend of beans, leek, and chard for fastmiso and it was woefully disasterous. Perhaps it suffered from performance anxiety. Fastmiso is a champ, though, and muscled through his bowl of flavorless mush while avoiding any direct 'good lord, this is crap' comments.

I have a new blog crush on veganyumyum.com. The pictures of the food she makes are always stunning, her recipes seem doable (I'm trying out the tomato cream sauce tomorrow, so we'll see), and her writing style has this amazing mix of self deprecation and optimism. And she has a super cute haircut. Right now she ranks right up there with muffins.

No comments: