Wednesday, February 13, 2008

who wears short shorts?

In about six weeks I am going to be wearing a bathing suit. This fact has pretty much taken over my life. Case in point: I had a pretty successful day yesterday in terms of my professional career and lots of wheels are turning in really great ways. What did I think about all day? How frightening the cellulite on my thighs looked in the Cal library bathroom. The image still haunts me and managed to ruin what should have been a really great, confidence-boosting day. While I did my best to listen intently to two incredibly intelligent and prominent Latinists as we ate gelato outside, my eye kept following all the skinny girls in short shorts, blemish-free thighs ablaze.

On the Vegan front, being cordial beat out being ethical yesterday when a Prof offered me a brownie, which she baked explicitly for our visit. I tried the 'oh, no, I couldn't -- I just ate' but when a tenured-professor insists, you yield. I can just imagine the job review: 'Oh, yes, I remember her. Lovely paper she gave once, but the ungrateful brat refused my brownie on ethical grounds'.

For those of you also concerned about the impending bathing suit season, check out the Podrunner podcasts on iTunes. They have a pretty cool interval podcast that alerts you to when you switch from jogging to walking and changes the BPM to match it.

No comments: