Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Endorsements below


I made a curried tofu salad for lunch today (perfect for salads AND sandwiches! oh my) and the recipe called for vegan mayonnaise. I haven't had regular mayo since I don't even when, so perhaps my reactions to the vegan mayonnaise was a bit overdramatic, but sweet jesus this stuff is good. My taste-test while making it last night sent me on a flavor road-trip to fourth of july, potato salad, and BLTs. I literally dreamed about eating the salad last night (made with mayo, curry powder, crushed pineapple, raisins, and cubed tofu).

No word yet from fastmiso on his own mayonnaise induced spiritual journey, but I strongly recommend you all go out and get a little jar of nayonaise or veganaise of your very own. And then you can tell me that it's awful and part of my brain must have clearly been replaced by actual soybeans (or ad execs from the soybean industry).

No comments: