Monday, September 22, 2008

that'll do

I have, for some time now, been considering the possibility of getting a pig tattoo to match my mom's pig tattoo. Darling, I know. So I was googling around last night to see what kinds of pig tattoos are out there, and I was a little surprised by what I found.

First of all, not that many people have pig tattoos. Or at least the ones that do are not the sort to post pictures on Flickr. I've decided this a good thing - there isn't some mad hipster rush on the pig tattoo (as there currently is on the finger mustache tattoo. seriously, go search Flickr).

Second of all, the Google image search 'pig tattoo' reveals pages, yes pages, of pictures of pigs with tattoos. As in, people brought in a professional tattoo artist to tattoo their pig. wtf, my friends? w.t.f.?

And, finally, this search for some reason yielded pictures of tattooed babies. I'm guessing the same people who thought it was a good idea to tattoo their pigs also though it was a good idea to tattoo their baby. Cuz, you know, that kid's skin isn't change at all or anything.

I, personally, am still not entirely resolved on the whole matter for myself. Picking a good spot is tricky, and picturing myself wrinkly and old with a faded, crumpled pig somewhere on my body just bums me out. But picturing myself as a hip young professional with a hip little pig on my wrist in honor of my dear mater makes me pretty happy. So, basically, I'll end up waiting until I'm the age my mom was when she got her tattoo. Or I'll just buy a pig and tattoo a picture of my mom on it. Either way.

No comments: