Thursday, September 4, 2008

in love with letters




The miso and I have a new deal. Whenever he talks about academic/job/livelihood stuff, I get to talk about wedding stuff. Top of the list right now is save the date cards. I was surfing the tubes tonight and am currently inspired by this gem from Smock Paper:



I think what I like most about it is the lack of any graphics or design. It's just letters. And, what with being academic sorts who translate dead languages all day, the idea of an invitation with nothing but words on it in a cool font sounds pretty fitting. I'm also digging Smock because they use bamboo paper and are a small letterpress company.

I found smock through my other letterpress crush, bellafigura. The Tender is the Night design is just lovely.



Not that any of this gets me closer to deciding on save the date cards. But I now have even more things to add to the binder. So that's a small triumph, right?

1 comment:

Emily HK said...

where would we be without our wedding binders? hooray, megan!