Thursday, February 5, 2009

night of the living finn

Ever since our cat got sick and has begun the slow road to recovery, she has taken to sleeping on my pillow. As in, I get a tiny corner and she gets the rest of it. Seeing as how she is sick and all, I don't mind, but it is kind of a pain since it's one of those tempurpedic pillows that has that specific 'mold to your neck and head' shape. Moving down a couple inches and to the right has left me with a kink in my neck.

But here's my bigger concern: when she was really sick, I woke up one night to find her (on my pillow...my whole pillow) not breathing. So I gently wake the miso to let him know that we lost her. He wakes up and carefully picks up her little body to carry her upstairs. And then, kapow! she shoots out a paw and is back in the land of the living. In other words, I'm a little afraid that I now have a zombie cat. And she is sleeping on my pillow not out of a desire to be close to her dear owner who just footed the vet bill, but so that she can eat my brains while I sleep.

Seriously, there is some mischief in those eyes. Brain-eating, undead, mischief.

On the positive side, when the academic job market shrivels up with the rest of the economy, we can get the miso a reality show on television healing animals. ka-ching.

Come to think of it, 'the misadventures of zombie cat' could also be an interesting spin off...or at least that opportunity I've been looking for to get on Oprah.


No comments: