Saturday, January 24, 2009

is this thing on?

A couple weeks ago while reading my latest issue of Women's Health I discovered a marshmallow bon bon from See's candy stuck to my sleeve.

Perhaps it is time to renew the blog and keeping tabs on being healthy.

Did I fall off the vegan wagon? Not entirely...I kinda just walked beside it for a little while. Not to sound like a wimp, but traveling and being vegan don't so much go together. I also don't like to ask people to completely readjust their world because I would like to avoid dairy. So I'm not a wimp. I'm polite. Basically I'm still vegan when I cook for myself and pretty much when I eat out all depending on circumstances. Birthday brownies for the boy from the future mother-in-law? How could I say no?

While the all-or-nothing approach definitely worked for a period of time last year, I think my new, adjusted, realistic approach is to never be completely vegan but self conscious about what I choose to eat (or wear) and how it makes me feel. I learned the hard way that two weeks of pasta and red wine topped with veg chili and indian from a box doesn't make me feel good. Shocking, I know. Tofu and vegetables have yet to give me any reason to complain. I'm also trying to get back into regular exercising. The fall was filled with travels and guests and snow on the mountain...i.e., endless reasons to not go out for a run. I'm sorry, did I say run? I meant walk with increased pace down hills. But armed with a wii fit, my disturbingly attractive wii fit coach, and a damned wedding dress fitting on the horizon, I'm feeling optimistic.

So I'm back to blog about matters mostly vegan, mildly bridal, and mainly trivial.

I want to close my first post of the new year with this realization: there is a fine line between interval training and being out of shape.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! when i visit i want to wii fit and go for runs and foray into your vegan world.
although i will miss cheese.