Saturday, January 31, 2009

we fear change

While channel surfing I happened upon Gulston Dart's face on my television. He's apparently one of the new anchors for the local NBC affiliate in SF. When I interned at the ABC affiliate in Atlanta, Gulstan was just a peon with a funny name, following Monica Kaufman around. He was, though, probably the only reporter who would talk to interns and let them come along on stories.

I kind of feel like I should make a social call and take him out to Trader Joes or something. Maybe I can explain the lack of Chik-fil-A but abundance of In-n-Out. There are the same number of hyphens, Gulstan, but less number of Christians.

I'm also having some issues with reporters changing cities. I mean, I'm sure it's good for their career and all, but I really believed that Gulstan was a good southern boy (I mean, what gentlemen named Gulstan aren't?) with a vested interest in the water shortage in Atlanta. And now I'm just supposed to believe that he is a mountain-bike-riding, bay area hipster who is closely following the ban on plastic bags and state budget crisis? It's all just a bit much for a girl to handle.

1 comment:

Emily HK said...

Not fewer christians, just sneakier ones: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-n-out#Bible_references