Tuesday, January 12, 2010

bed bath and bemoaning

The husband has just declared the new color of the bathroom to be, and I quote, conducive to pooping. Our cat Henry has declared the paint worthy of being spread all over the hardwood floors in a lovely paw print pattern. I just want to take a shower in our finally finished bathroom.

So far my favorite part of the bathroom renovation has been the mister 'hiding' our California Closets brochure so the plumber wouldn't, you know, get the idea that we're the kind of people who spend too much on home improvement. Instead we're the kind of people who hide things from our plumber. We did, though, manage to knock some off the final price of the vanity installation thanks to the mister's smooth talking, and I can't help but think how much more we could have saved if I had remembered to hide the Kitchenaid mixer. When the electrician comes, I'm replacing all of our furniture with tablecloths draped over boxes.

No comments: