Saturday, June 28, 2008

I ain't got nobody

While standing in line for Wall-e last night with all the other silicon valley types checking tweets on their iPhone, we started to draft the wedding invite list. At first it was fun. And then it got scary. And then it got sad. Simply put, fastmiso has way more friends than I do. I tried to blame it on the fact that he has a four-year head start on me, but the simple truth is that he is a good person with a good heart and is, therefore, a good friend. Who actually stays in touch with everyone he has ever known. Ever.

And then there's the family side of the list. While both my parents come from big families, neither of them so much care for their siblings. We never really spent summers in a beach house filled with cousins and aunts and uncles, so my family list is pretty small; immediate family and maybe an aunt or two. The miso, on the other hand, has a big extended family and they all must be invited. While I'm definitely excited about the possibility of traditional Greek dancing and saying 'opa!' with all his relatives, I'm also kinda bummed that the bride side of the aisle is going to be so small. And Irish. And probably drunk or miffed that it's not a Catholic ceremony.

I think I may need to start secretly contacting all of fastmiso's friends to try to become better friends with them behind his back, and then I can convince them to sit on the bride's side. Or maybe I can just hire extras. I wonder if Martha Stewart covers this...

No comments: