Tuesday, May 13, 2008

forgive me, casey affleck

I realized I haven't made a vegan post in quite some time. Which I think is a good thing. I never wanted the whole vegan business to be any kind of defining aspect of my life, and I think I'm doing pretty well with it. And I am still vegan. And it is still pretty easy. I have been a bit more flexible on some things than I probably should be. Last week, for example, when I was up in SF I got a veggieburger sans cheese for lunch and there was some kind of mustard-ish sauce on the bun. I did my best to scrape the ish off and continued on my merry munching way. And this weekend my department had a beach Olympiad blowout (see the flickr badge) and I'm pretty sure the 'vegan' hummus sandwiches had some weird secret sauce on the bread. But at least they thought to get vegan sandwiches, right? I would like to add that the Newman O's I contributed to the party were almost completely devoured. The vegan brownies I also brought, not so much.

And while I'm confessing, tonight while I was standing on the sidewalk, holding the miso's cone (h-o-t-t) when he went into a store, I totally licked the dripping ice cream. At this point, dairy in my belly is better than dairy on my new pants.

No comments: