Monday, August 11, 2008

If only event coordinators worked on commission.

I received a phone call today from a bridal shop out here in the Bay Area. This was the same one I called a couple weeks ago to get a price on the cupcake dress. The same girl I talked to then (who hunted down the best deal for me and called me back within fifteen minutes) called me today to let me know the store was having its big 15% discount this weekend. Oh, Audra, you must have a vacation to Mexico on your agenda in the near future.

The event coordinator of the place where we want to have the whole affair (and spend the majority of our money) is acting like the apathetic teenage boys we all got crushes on in high school. When he writes, he just seems so into the wedding and eager to plan it, but then he takes weeks (yes, weeks) to respond our emails. These are also notably emails which I draft for days and ask the miso to approve of before I send. 'Do I sound too eager? Too pushy? Will he still like us?' I think Seventeen magazine would inform me at this point that 'he's just not that into you' and tell me to move on. But, just like a teenage girl, I am ready to believe in the impossible - that our dream venue will come true and Lukka really is just busy planning other weddings (and slow food coop somethingorother. how dreamy).

While I wait him out I might just start visiting bridal shops and soaking up the attention and strong sales pitches. 'I do look fantastic in this dress! And we could hem the train! I would love to try on the veil!'

Sigh.

No comments: