Saturday, August 16, 2008

check yes

my crush is on the brink of becoming a real relationship. The event coordinator not only emailed me back but sent a proposal AND an hour-by-hour breakdown of the entire event, from the welcome lemonade to the palate cleansing sorbet to the open dancefloor. he likes us, he really likes us.

while my mind was reeling with dollar signs and I started to think of our friends in terms of their 'per person cost value' (hmm..is he really worth three drinks and a slice of cake?), I took frugal comfort in the miso's obsession with typography. I'm not going to leak any prototypes, but the boy has designed a pretty kickass save the date card and the most beautiful website ever. he even managed to avoid the 'kteightyandfastmiso2009.weddingchannel.com' url. I knew he was a keeper.

so this post is really just a shout out to my truly significant other. I am practically giddy with anticipation for the wedding invite he'll design in zapfino. oh the ligatures our names will create!

for those of you out there also interested in taking the DIY approach, check out www.sweetpenelope.com. It's an SF based company that will create and then send a wedding invite template on a disc, which you can then use to print out the invites at home. They can also just print the invites for you, but where's the fun in that?

No comments: